With the enforcement of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“The Act”) since 15 November 2013 and strictly in accordance with Section 7 of the Act, we at VOLVO CAR MALAYSIA, our subsidiaries and related corporations (hereinafter referred to as “Volvo Car Malaysia” or “we” or “us” or “our”), wish to assure you that we take your privacy seriously and are committed to the protection of our customer’s personal information.
The Act requires us to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal data and inform you of your rights in respect of your personal data that is being processed or that is being collected and further processed by us.
In line with our compliance with The Act and our said commitment, we wish to inform that your personal data including sensitive personal data such as your name, salutation, photograph(s), NRIC or passport number, gender, race, religion, ethnic, nationality, date of birth, age, address(es), contact details, credit card(s)’ details, marital status, details of your immediate family, details of your employment and income, loan details, property(ies) details, introducer’s details, lifestyle data and other relevant data gathered from you, may be used for the purposes of:
- accessing and/or processing any application submitted by you;
- facilitating your purchase and the preparation of a sale;
- to manage and service our relationship with you and provide you with better customer service;
- conducting market surveys, research on planning, trend analysis product, goods and services;
- sending updates, pamphlets, advertising and promotional materials, commercial material;
- responding to your inquiries;
- providing you with information on our products and services;
- reporting to any relevant authorities;
- response to any claims or legal process;
- Purposes of preparation and submission of any claims and payments to any party or for any audit /checks by any party for whatever purpose related to Volvo Car Malaysia‘s business.
We may keep your information and data for a reasonable period to enable us to contact you about our products, services and promotions in the future.
We may also disclose or share your aforesaid personal information and data, which were gathered from such information you have provided to us vide e-mail(s) and/or letter(s) or our various form(s) and/or websites, to our business partner and associates as follows:
- any companies within Volvo Car Malaysia;
- any third parties including but not limited to Volvo Car Malaysia’s contractors, suppliers, consultants, solicitors, agents, auditors, employers, partners, joint venture partners, advertisers, purchasers, network operators, property management companies, service and product providers (including those who assist us in providing Volvo Car Malaysia’s website), associate companies, any relevant authorities (government/non-governmental), embassies, statutory bodies, regulatory bodies and financial institutions;
- any other persons under a duty of a confidentiality to Volvo Car Malaysia;
- organisations who provide archival, auditing, professional advisory, debt collection, insurance, marketing, banking, advertising, mailhouse, delivery, recruitment, call center, technology, research, utility, loyalty programme and security services.
Save for the foregoing, your Personal information and Data will not be knowingly transferred to any place outside Malaysia or be knowingly disclosed to any third party.
For these purposes, we or our business partners and associates may contact you by mail, e-mail, telephone, SMS, fax or any form of electronic communication to keep you informed on services or products which may be of interest to you. You should notify us if you wish to opt out from receiving such information on services or products
By returning this form to us, you consent to our processing your personal information and data for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your personal information and data to such countries in the world where Volvo Car Malaysia has dealings with which do not provide the same level of data protection as Malaysia, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will put a contract in place to ensure your personal information and data are protected.
You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information and data (for which we may charge you a small fee), to limit the processing of your personal information and data. We endeavor to take reasonable precautions to ensure that the Personal information and Data that we collect and/or process are accurately reflected in our systems in accordance with the details provided by you. Therefore, the accuracy of the Personal information and Data depends to a large extent upon the information you provide. Kindly inform us immediately if your Personal Data provided earlier to us have become incorrect, inaccurate or out of date
For this purpose, you may contact us as follows:
Marketing & PR Department
Volvo Car Malaysia,
Suite 20.02, 20th Floor,
No. 1, The Boulevard, Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra,
59 200, Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan (KL),
or e-mail us at the following address:
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal information and data (including any sensitive personal information and data);
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal information and data abroad;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices.
You may grant us your consent by signing and returning this form to us by:
- post to the address stated above; or
- fax to +603 2287 7791
Please note that:
- This Notice is issued in both Malay and English languages and in the event of any inconsistency, the English version shall prevail; and
- Volvo Car Malaysia reserves the right to amend or vary this Notice from time to time which will be updated automatically on our websites stated above. You are advised to visit the said websites from time to time.